Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Cliff jumping in Lake Powell

RIght after Dad died, I went to Lake Powell with Joey and Lauren and some of their friends. There was a time I felt him with me. I think he even pushed me off a 50ft. cliff I wouldn't jump off..... I've never cliff jumped without him, and went through a state of panic as I was about to jump knowing he wasn't going to be in the water waiting for me. I heard him say "for crap sake, jump off the damn cliff, everyone is waiting for you!" I felt him in the water with me when I finished. (I'm sticking with him pushing me, because I don't ever remember taking the plunge myself.) Typical Dad.

He was always the first one to suggest cliff jumping at Lake Powell. He'd always find the best cliffs and be the one to hike to the top with the kids while the other adults stayed in the boat. He was a big kid at heart and I always thought I had the coolest dad because of it. 


No comments:

Post a Comment