Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Master of his trade.

From that day he was the guest speaker in George Bowie's Introduction to Public Relations class I was attending at BYU, I have always considered Steve to be a mentor; somebody I really wanted to be like some day. That feeling continued through all those years at Children's Miracle Network as I watched his management style, his honesty in dealing with the media, his organization skills and sticktoitiveness, his ability to make the tough decisions when they had to be made (and usually get it right), and the easy going but driven way that he handled himself in every situation. I didn't agree with the decisions that surrounded him leaving CMN, and I felt that somehow maybe it should have been me leaving instead. Through the time he spent at the Olympics and at Thanksgiving Point, I was always watching and admiring his work; learning from someone I would truly call a "master" of his trade.

Memory from Roger Cook (former co-worker). 

No comments:

Post a Comment