Thursday, June 20, 2013

Fishing with Dad

Our last Father's Day together was spent fishing with our good friends, the Wards. I was pretty excited to use the rod Dad got me so long ago (he gave it to me when I turned 8 years old), that I haven't been able to use in years. I was worried I wouldn't remember everything he taught me, but as soon as I landed my first cast, everything came back. I remembered every little trick he taught me, and didn't even get my fly caught in a bush or a tree behind me (I've learned that lesson already, ha). I even caught as many fish as he did (ok ALMOST, I had to let him win our contest, it was Father's Day). I used to think I was the coolest girl because my Dad took me to do fun things. I didn't know of any other Dad who took his daughter fly-fishing at the age of 8 (maybe even younger). I loved him for taking me camping, hiking, skiing, mountain climbing, boating, backpacking, and fly-fishing. Those memories, and the ones we made on our last Father's Day together are memories that no one can take away from me. He used to tell me that the place I can feel closest to Heavenly Father (besides the temple) is in the outdoors, the wilderness, and in the mountains. I not only feel close to Him when I'm there, but I feel close to my Dad too, because of all of the memoies I have spending time outdoors with him.

Memory from Chelsie Watts (daughter). 

No comments:

Post a Comment