Tuesday, June 18, 2013

First kiss

When we first moved to Draper in 1999, one of the first people we met were the Williams. Steve was given the unfortunate assignment of being our home teacher and that led to us becoming friends. Anyway, one day Steve and MaryAnn dropped by one Sunday afternoon and we invited them to come in and visit. Our kids always loved to see the Williams family. My girls loved to see Chelsie and Alex and my oldest son liked to play with Stephen. My youngest son, Tanner ,was seven months old at the time and for some reason had always really liked Steve. So when Steve and MaryAnn were sitting on the couch I explained to them that I had been trying for weeks to get Tanner to give me a kiss. But for some reason, everytime any of us tried he would always turn his head and whine. Well Steve (who was laying on the couch at the time with Tanner on his chest) looks at Tanner and says,
" Hey Tannerboy, give me a kiss."
Then without any hesitation, Tanner leans forward and plants one right on Steve's lips. Then Steve looks over at my bewildered face and says,
"Maybe he wanted me to be his first kiss."
To this day we still tease our sweet Tanner (who was baptized last month) about his first kiss. Oh, and by the way, it took me another 3 months to get him to kiss anyone else again.
Memory from Amy Collins. 

No comments:

Post a Comment