Friday, June 21, 2013

Steve Young's autograph

We were looking through an old scrapbook of Austin's and found a copy of a letter that he wrote to Steve Young. In it he wrote, "You are my hero. I think you are the best football player who ever lived. I wish I could give this to you myself but my good friend Steve Williams, my home teacher is giving it to you. Thank you for signing my card Steve brought." It meant a lot back then to Austin for him to take the time to do this. Not only was Steve Young Austin's hero but Steve became one also. Austin and I had the opportunity to attend a 49ers game and he was able to arrange for us to meet Steve after the game and we had Austin's picture taken with him and he signed a football which we display proudly in our home. It really meant the world to Austin and me to meet him. He was the one that arranged for this to happen. It had a great impact on Austin's young life. We as a family always enjoyed having Steve visit as our home teacher and there was never a dull moment with him around. 

Memory from Cindy Alm (neighbor). 

No comments:

Post a Comment